Recreational salmon fishing set to start April 6
It looks like it will be another good year for salmon fishing off the Northern California coast.
The Pacific Fishery Management Council set the start of the recreational salmon fishing season for south of Mendocino County for April 6.
Projections show the Chinook salmon populations are holding steady after the catastrophic drop six years ago that led to severe restrictions.
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos