5,500 customers lose power in Monterey, Seaside
MONTEREY CO. -- Some 5,500 PG&E customers lost power this morning in the Monterey area, a utility spokeswoman said.
Around 9 a.m., an underground equipment failure was reported at the intersection of Fremont and Canyon Del Rey boulevards in Seaside, PG&E spokeswoman Monica Tell said.
Several lanes of Fremont Boulevard were shut down until PG&E crews arrived. No fire was reported, Tell said.
Lanes reopened once PG&E determined that the area was safe.
Initially, about 5,500 customers lost power in Seaside, Monterey and the community of Del Rey Oaks.
Early this afternoon, all but 1,900 customers had their power restored.
The remaining customers were expected to have power back by 4 p.m., Tell said.
Crews will be in the area making repairs throughout the day, she said.
PG&E, monterey county, power outage, california news
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash 1 min ago
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Inside look at SF Ballet's 'Nutcracker'
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos