Teen outwits burglars by hiding in closet
Police in San Diego County are crediting the bravery of a teenage girl who kept her wits while three intruders broke into her home.
Doyin Oladipupo, 15, was home alone when burglars ransacked her home. She heard the doorbell ring and then the alarm of the home security system. She grabbed the phone, called 911, and hid in the closet.
"I was so scared. I could see them, and I thought they were going to see me," she said.
The 911 dispatcher had the high schooler remain silent on the line and tap on the phone to answer questions.
When the officers arrived, they found three people loading property into a stolen car. They arrested two 17-year-olds and an 18-year-old man.
crime, home invasion, california news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91 2 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Vallejo fire leaves one person hospitalized
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
15 min ago