Teen outwits burglars by hiding in closet
Police in San Diego County are crediting the bravery of a teenage girl who kept her wits while three intruders broke into her home.
Doyin Oladipupo, 15, was home alone when burglars ransacked her home. She heard the doorbell ring and then the alarm of the home security system. She grabbed the phone, called 911, and hid in the closet.
"I was so scared. I could see them, and I thought they were going to see me," she said.
The 911 dispatcher had the high schooler remain silent on the line and tap on the phone to answer questions.
When the officers arrived, they found three people loading property into a stolen car. They arrested two 17-year-olds and an 18-year-old man.
crime, home invasion, california news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge 1 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday