Little girl calls 911 to thank police for helping family
Police in Humboldt County recently responded to a different kind of 911 call. Instead of an emergency, they got a compliment.
The caller, a 6-year-old kindergartner named McKenzie, wanted to thank the 911 operator for helping out her family.
The call also prompted Fortuna Police Chief Bill Dobberstein to visit McKenzie's school to thank her for the compliment.
"Thank you for the nice words you said about our department yesterday, remember don't call 911 unless there's an emergency," he said.
The dispatcher says it's one call she'll never forget.
children, california news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday