Little girl calls 911 to thank police for helping family
Police in Humboldt County recently responded to a different kind of 911 call. Instead of an emergency, they got a compliment.
The caller, a 6-year-old kindergartner named McKenzie, wanted to thank the 911 operator for helping out her family.
The call also prompted Fortuna Police Chief Bill Dobberstein to visit McKenzie's school to thank her for the compliment.
"Thank you for the nice words you said about our department yesterday, remember don't call 911 unless there's an emergency," he said.
The dispatcher says it's one call she'll never forget.
children, california news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday