Little girl calls 911 to thank police for helping family
Police in Humboldt County recently responded to a different kind of 911 call. Instead of an emergency, they got a compliment.
The caller, a 6-year-old kindergartner named McKenzie, wanted to thank the 911 operator for helping out her family.
The call also prompted Fortuna Police Chief Bill Dobberstein to visit McKenzie's school to thank her for the compliment.
"Thank you for the nice words you said about our department yesterday, remember don't call 911 unless there's an emergency," he said.
The dispatcher says it's one call she'll never forget.
children, california news
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over Ukraine
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem 32 min ago
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- CHP reopens two lanes of WB I-80 in SF
- LA police say no leads in AMBER Alert abduction
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos