Target apologizes for plus-sized dress color description
ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Target is apologizing after a backlash over the color description on a dress.
Target had an ad for a kimono maxi dress. The standard sized version of the dress is available in dark heather gray, but the same color in the plus-sized version was described as "manatee gray".
Manatees are large marine mammals that are sometimes called sea cows.
An Orange County woman tweeted about the color discrepancy and it got a lot of attention.
Target caught wind and issued an apology. They are also saying they're working to fix it.
target, california news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey 15 min ago
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday