Target apologizes for plus-sized dress color description
ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Target is apologizing after a backlash over the color description on a dress.
Target had an ad for a kimono maxi dress. The standard sized version of the dress is available in dark heather gray, but the same color in the plus-sized version was described as "manatee gray".
Manatees are large marine mammals that are sometimes called sea cows.
An Orange County woman tweeted about the color discrepancy and it got a lot of attention.
Target caught wind and issued an apology. They are also saying they're working to fix it.
target, california news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 1 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality 35 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure 23 min ago
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos