Recreational salmon fishing starts Saturday
If you're angling for some salmon, the wait is over. The sport salmon season opens Saturday, and reports point to good conditions for salmon fishing from Bodega Bay to Monterey.
Recreational anglers are allowed to catch two salmon that are at least two feet long per day.
Commercial salmon season opens next month. That's when local markets should start putting more local, fresh salmon on their shelves.
monterey, food, california news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits 12 min ago
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting 51 min ago
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- 7OYS helps woman get refund after misleading ad
- New chair lets users decide the temperature 17 min ago
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping 16 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to...
51 min ago
- Growers protect crops from freezing temps
24 min ago