California's first-ever Powerball drawing Wednesday
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- California's first-ever Powerball drawing will be held Wednesday night and tickets have been flying out of the stores.
In just the first 24 hours, lottery players snapped up $3.1 million in tickets, setting a national record. That number was up to $4 million as of Tuesday night.
There are 21,000 locations across the state selling tickets. Wednesday night's jackpot is $60 million and the odds of winning are 1 in about 175,000,000.
The drawing will take place in Sacramento at 7:59 p.m.
lottery, california news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos