Girl returns sticks to Yosemite after viral apology letter
The young girl who inadvertently took home two sticks from Yosemite National Park and then mailed back the sticks with an apology letter has made amends with Mother Nature.
Young Evie's heartwarming apology letter to park rangers went viral after she sent back the twigs. Evie wrote she was a junior park ranger and knew better not to take things from Mother Nature. One ranger was so impressed he posted a photo of Evie's letter on Reddit, where it went viral.
Over the weekend, the junior park ranger finally got to meet the park rangers who responded to her letter.
The rangers had saved the sticks Evie had sent back so she could pick where in the park to place them.
Evie returned the sticks to an area near Vernal Fall because she thinks that is where she took them from. She named one of the sticks "tree" and the other "woody."
yosemite, children, california news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support 14 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement 30 min ago
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Driver in fatal Twin Peaks DUI hit-and-run sentenced
- Target shopper files suit over security breach 24 min ago
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set 23 min ago
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on...
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos