Stockton student, teacher brawl over makeup
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A high school freshman has been suspended and her math teacher is on leave after a wild fight broke out in a Stockton classroom.
The fight between 15-year-old Marlina Martinez and her teacher at Cesar Chavez High School was caught on cell phone video by another student.
According to Martinez, the fight was over makeup. Her teacher took it away, so she called her mom on her cell to demand the teacher give it back.
That's when things escalated. "She pushed me and then she started going like (swings). Right after she pushed me, she started hitting me," she recalled. Asked what she did in reaction she replied, "I hit her back."
Martinez was arrested by school district police for assault and will find out Thursday if she'll be expelled.
A district spokesperson says the teacher has a black eye and is now on paid leave pending an investigation.
cellphone, smartphones, crime, caught on tape, california news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF 36 min ago
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info 40 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday