Calaveras Sheriffs investigate murder of 9-year-old
FRESNO, Calif. -- Calaveras County Sheriff's Deputies are searching for the man who killed a 8-year-old girl in her home.
Investigators would not go into details. But Action News has learned the girl's 12-year-old brother had a run in with the intruder at their Rancho Calaveras home.
The boy called his parents moments later, once he found his sister had been stabbed. The young girl was rushed to the hospital where she was pronounced dead. This morning the search continues for the killer.
Calaveras County Sheriff Jim Macedo said, "Are doing a house to house search and in some cases we are searching extensively into attics storage sheds, it is a difficult area to search it is rural, remote."
Nieghbors say they can't believe a child was murdered in their small town. The suspect is considered armed and dangerous.
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos