Annual Frog Jump contest held at State Capitol
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- The annual Frog Jump contest was held Tuesday on the State Capitol lawn.
The contest honors the Mark Twain short story "The Celebrated Jumping Frogs of Calaveras County."
The teams are made up of state lawmakers and bullfrogs.
The winner for longest jump was "Notorious HOP," which jumped more than 10 feet for Assm. Eric Linder R-Corona.
The shortest: "Herkimer" which jumped slightly more than a foot for Assm. Richard Bloom D-Santa Ana.
sacramento, california news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos