Authorities to give update on investigation into murder of Leila Fowler
CALAVERAS COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Authorities are expected to give an update Wednesday on the investigation into the murder of 8-year-old Leila Fowler.
Her family laid her to rest on Tuesday. Leila was stabbed to death 12 days ago inside her family's home in the small town of Valley Springs in Calaveras County.
The sheriff's dive team resumed its search of two ponds near the Fowler home.
FBI agents confiscated several items from the home, including a large TV., but investigators say there's no word on why.
crime, children, murder, child death, california news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos