Authorities to give update on investigation into murder of Leila Fowler
CALAVERAS COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Authorities are expected to give an update Wednesday on the investigation into the murder of 8-year-old Leila Fowler.
Her family laid her to rest on Tuesday. Leila was stabbed to death 12 days ago inside her family's home in the small town of Valley Springs in Calaveras County.
The sheriff's dive team resumed its search of two ponds near the Fowler home.
FBI agents confiscated several items from the home, including a large TV., but investigators say there's no word on why.
crime, children, murder, child death, california news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case