Possible $222 million Powerball jackpot up for grabs
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Wednesday night's winning Powerball ticket is worth $222 million. It's the biggest jackpot since the lottery started offering Powerball in California last month.
The giant prize has been ballooning since March 30, when an Illinois player won $50 million.
If one person wins the $222 million jackpot and chooses the cash option he or she would walk away with $144 million.
lottery, california news
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport 45 min ago
- Brentwood students in trouble for nude selfies 24 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos