Hero dog that lost snout returns to Philippines
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A hero dog treated at the UC Davis vet hospital is finally back home in the Philippines.
A motorcade drove "Kabang," a German Shepherd-mix, through her home town Monday morning.
Kabang lost half her face after jumping into the path of an oncoming motorcycle that was about two hit two girls.
The dog's heroic deed caught the attention of people worldwide and $27,000 was raised to help get the dog to UC Davis.
Vets couldn't reconstruct the animal's snout, but were able to heal her wounds.
animal, animals in peril, uc davis, children, california news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland 20 min ago
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday