Hero dog that lost snout returns to Philippines
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A hero dog treated at the UC Davis vet hospital is finally back home in the Philippines.
A motorcade drove "Kabang," a German Shepherd-mix, through her home town Monday morning.
Kabang lost half her face after jumping into the path of an oncoming motorcycle that was about two hit two girls.
The dog's heroic deed caught the attention of people worldwide and $27,000 was raised to help get the dog to UC Davis.
Vets couldn't reconstruct the animal's snout, but were able to heal her wounds.
animal, animals in peril, uc davis, children, california news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud 52 min ago
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman 52 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 53 min ago
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market 55 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire 52 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 54 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...