Hero dog that lost snout returns to Philippines
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A hero dog treated at the UC Davis vet hospital is finally back home in the Philippines.
A motorcade drove "Kabang," a German Shepherd-mix, through her home town Monday morning.
Kabang lost half her face after jumping into the path of an oncoming motorcycle that was about two hit two girls.
The dog's heroic deed caught the attention of people worldwide and $27,000 was raised to help get the dog to UC Davis.
Vets couldn't reconstruct the animal's snout, but were able to heal her wounds.
animal, animals in peril, uc davis, children, california news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos