Sen. Dianne Feinstein to speak at annual Tahoe Summit
LAKE TAHOE (KGO) -- California Sen. Dianne Feinstein is speaking at the 17th annual Tahoe Summit on the eastern shore of the lake on Monday.
The annual event focuses on restoration and sustainability efforts at Lake Tahoe and is open to the public.
Former Vice President Al Gore, who for decades has warned of the perils of climate change, will give the keynote address at Sand Harbor State Park.
$1.7 billion in public and private money has been spent on projects to control runoff, combat invasive species and reduce air pollution at Lake Tahoe since the event began in 1997.
dianne feinstein, lake tahoe, al gore, california news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos