Sen. Dianne Feinstein to speak at annual Tahoe Summit
LAKE TAHOE (KGO) -- California Sen. Dianne Feinstein is speaking at the 17th annual Tahoe Summit on the eastern shore of the lake on Monday.
The annual event focuses on restoration and sustainability efforts at Lake Tahoe and is open to the public.
Former Vice President Al Gore, who for decades has warned of the perils of climate change, will give the keynote address at Sand Harbor State Park.
$1.7 billion in public and private money has been spent on projects to control runoff, combat invasive species and reduce air pollution at Lake Tahoe since the event began in 1997.
dianne feinstein, lake tahoe, al gore, california news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 28 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy 34 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos