Sen. Dianne Feinstein to speak at annual Tahoe Summit
LAKE TAHOE (KGO) -- California Sen. Dianne Feinstein is speaking at the 17th annual Tahoe Summit on the eastern shore of the lake on Monday.
The annual event focuses on restoration and sustainability efforts at Lake Tahoe and is open to the public.
Former Vice President Al Gore, who for decades has warned of the perils of climate change, will give the keynote address at Sand Harbor State Park.
$1.7 billion in public and private money has been spent on projects to control runoff, combat invasive species and reduce air pollution at Lake Tahoe since the event began in 1997.
dianne feinstein, lake tahoe, al gore, california news
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos