Southern California dog nearly dies after eating poisoned meatball
First the Bay Area, now Southern California. Meatballs laced with poison are now putting pet owners in one community on alert.
A man in La Cañada Flintridge says his dog June nearly died last month after eating meatballs thrown onto his property.
Those meatballs were later found to be laced with the dangerous pesticide strychnine.
Police are calling this an isolated incident, but dog owners in the neighborhood say they're now worried to let their dogs out for walks.
Earlier this summer in San Francisco, tainted meatballs were found in the Diamond Heights and the Twin Peaks neighborhoods.
Those meatballs were also laced with strychnine.
A dachshund that ate one of the meatballs died.
No word if all of these cases are connected.
animal, animals in peril, food, crime, southern california, los angeles, california news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 36 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
37 min ago