Sea Otter Awareness Week kicks off in Monterey County
MONTEREY COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- If you didn't know, Sea Otter Awareness Week is September 22-28.
There's a new otter cam that offers a first of its kind look into otter behavior this year.
The new otter cam streams live video from the tidal salt marshes of Elkhorn Slough in Monterey County, which is just south of Santa Cruz.
Elkhorn Slough is home to the largest concentration of endangered southern sea otters on the West Coast.
animal, california news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet 29 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif. 23 min ago
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 41 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina 33 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Groups protest chemicals used in iPhone 16 min ago
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos