16,000 designer bags seized in Southern California
Customs agents in Southern California have announced they've seized 16,000 counterfeit Hermes designer bags.
The bags were discovered in nine shipments that have arrived since June at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach.
Officials say the items have a combined value of $295,000.
Authorities haven't said where the items were shipped from.
los angeles, california news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 23 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 18 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 37 min ago
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Perfect Pet: Isabella
51 min ago