Fit mom responds to "haters"
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- A Sacramento mom who caused an uproar last year when she posted a photo on Facebook showing off her fit physique is responding to the "haters."
The photo showed Maria Kang in a bra top and short shorts posing with her young children with the caption, "What's your excuse?" It was taken eight months after the birth of her third child.
Kang received some positive comments, but also less friendly remarks, calling her a bully and accusing her of fat-shaming. One even called her a bad mother.
She recently reposted the photo with what she calls a "non-apology."
"I never called you fat, I never said that you were a bad mother, I never said what's your excuse for not looking like me, I never said anything like that. I just came out and said you need to own the thoughts you put in your own head because I didn't put it there, you did," Kang said.
Kang also has a message for all women, "Be healthy because you love your child."
fitness, parenting, children, california news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced 19 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student 18 min ago
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela 38 min ago
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos