Fit mom responds to "haters"
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- A Sacramento mom who caused an uproar last year when she posted a photo on Facebook showing off her fit physique is responding to the "haters."
The photo showed Maria Kang in a bra top and short shorts posing with her young children with the caption, "What's your excuse?" It was taken eight months after the birth of her third child.
Kang received some positive comments, but also less friendly remarks, calling her a bully and accusing her of fat-shaming. One even called her a bad mother.
She recently reposted the photo with what she calls a "non-apology."
"I never called you fat, I never said that you were a bad mother, I never said what's your excuse for not looking like me, I never said anything like that. I just came out and said you need to own the thoughts you put in your own head because I didn't put it there, you did," Kang said.
Kang also has a message for all women, "Be healthy because you love your child."
fitness, parenting, children, california news
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery 36 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting 42 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Campaign looks to end use of 'bossy' with...
51 min ago