Fit mom responds to "haters"
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- A Sacramento mom who caused an uproar last year when she posted a photo on Facebook showing off her fit physique is responding to the "haters."
The photo showed Maria Kang in a bra top and short shorts posing with her young children with the caption, "What's your excuse?" It was taken eight months after the birth of her third child.
Kang received some positive comments, but also less friendly remarks, calling her a bully and accusing her of fat-shaming. One even called her a bad mother.
She recently reposted the photo with what she calls a "non-apology."
"I never called you fat, I never said that you were a bad mother, I never said what's your excuse for not looking like me, I never said anything like that. I just came out and said you need to own the thoughts you put in your own head because I didn't put it there, you did," Kang said.
Kang also has a message for all women, "Be healthy because you love your child."
fitness, parenting, children, california news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...