Boys allegedly abducted by dad in Harbor City found unharmed
SAN DIEGO -- Two children, who investigators said were abducted by their father in Harbor City, were found unharmed at the San Ysidro border crossing on Saturday, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
The boys, 10-year-old Charles Samuel Baines Jr. and 9-year-old Nathaniel James Baines, were allegedly taken on Wednesday by Charles Samuel Baines Sr., who has no custodial rights.
The suspect remains at large. Sheriff's officials said earlier this week that he had crossed the border into Mexico.
Baines is described as African American, 36 years old, with brown eyes and a shaved head. He is 6 feet 4 inches tall, weighs 270 pounds and has the words "Drug Cartel" tattooed on his left cheek. Investigators said he is on parole and has mental health issues.
Authorities said he was likely traveling in a stolen red four-door 2007 Kia Spectra, with California license plate number 6FMN288.
Anyone with information on the suspect's whereabouts was asked to contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
kidnap, missing person, san diego, california news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting