Boys allegedly abducted by dad in Harbor City found unharmed
SAN DIEGO -- Two children, who investigators said were abducted by their father in Harbor City, were found unharmed at the San Ysidro border crossing on Saturday, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
The boys, 10-year-old Charles Samuel Baines Jr. and 9-year-old Nathaniel James Baines, were allegedly taken on Wednesday by Charles Samuel Baines Sr., who has no custodial rights.
The suspect remains at large. Sheriff's officials said earlier this week that he had crossed the border into Mexico.
Baines is described as African American, 36 years old, with brown eyes and a shaved head. He is 6 feet 4 inches tall, weighs 270 pounds and has the words "Drug Cartel" tattooed on his left cheek. Investigators said he is on parole and has mental health issues.
Authorities said he was likely traveling in a stolen red four-door 2007 Kia Spectra, with California license plate number 6FMN288.
Anyone with information on the suspect's whereabouts was asked to contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
kidnap, missing person, san diego, california news
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California 43 min ago
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Two lanes of WB I-80 in SF blocked due to accident
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over Ukraine
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos