San Jose lingerie company taking on 'Fit Mom'
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A Bay Area lingerie company is taking on the woman known as "Fit Mom" after she made some unflattering online comments.
Sacramento mother Maria Kang first sparked accusations of fat-shaming when she posted a photo online with a caption, "What's Your Excuse?"
More recently, she posted comments bashing an ad by Curvy Girl Lingerie featuring photos of plus-size women, saying that encouraging overweight women to be proud of their bodies is a "strange mentality."
Curvy Girl is based in San Jose and the store's owner says she wishes Kang would be more accepting.
"I wish that she would just go do her thing and let us do our thing, and let's all peacefully coexist, because I think everybody that she helps is beautiful, and I think everybody that we help is beautiful," store owner Crystal Bougon told ABC7 News.
Hear from both women in the debate this morning on Good Morning America beginning at 7 a.m. on ABC7.
fitness, parenting, children, facebook, diets, obesity, california news
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree 29 min ago
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes 4 min ago
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital 38 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on...
4 min ago