Northern California couple has rare triplets
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- A Northern California couple says they are still getting over the shock of becoming parents to rare triplets.
Abby, Brin and Laurel were born two weeks ago in a Sacramento hospital to proud parents Hannah and Tom Hepner.
Their doctor says the chances of having identical triplets without fertility drugs are extremely rare -- between 1 in 1,000,000 and 1 in 200,000,000.
The three girls weigh between three and four pounds each and should be able to go home by the first of the year.
children, medical research, california news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 18 min ago
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam 22 min ago
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor 57 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
49 min ago