Northern California couple has rare triplets
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- A Northern California couple says they are still getting over the shock of becoming parents to rare triplets.
Abby, Brin and Laurel were born two weeks ago in a Sacramento hospital to proud parents Hannah and Tom Hepner.
Their doctor says the chances of having identical triplets without fertility drugs are extremely rare -- between 1 in 1,000,000 and 1 in 200,000,000.
The three girls weigh between three and four pounds each and should be able to go home by the first of the year.
children, medical research, california news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery 9 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery 48 min ago
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire 10 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at...
48 min ago