Identical triplets born to Sacramento couple
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A Sacramento family received an early Christmas gift when they became the proud parents of rare identical triplets!
The Hepners' babies, named Abby, Brin and Laurel, are extremely rare since they were naturally conceived.
Hannah Hepner gave birth last week, and now the new parents are just trying to take it all in.
"It's everything at once. I think you can get lost just staring in their faces, then it's just in the moment, but it's overwhelming to think about everything to come," she said.
Experts say the odds of producing identical triplets without fertility drugs range between 1-in-1-million to 1-in-100-million.
Abby weighed 3 pounds, 2 ounces; Brin 3 pounds, 11 ounces; and Laurel 4 pounds.
The Hepners' say their new daughters are enough for them right now. They don't plan on any more kids in the future.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
pregnancy, california news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 56 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut 2 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
56 min ago