Identical triplets born to Sacramento couple
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A Sacramento family received an early Christmas gift when they became the proud parents of rare identical triplets!
The Hepners' babies, named Abby, Brin and Laurel, are extremely rare since they were naturally conceived.
Hannah Hepner gave birth last week, and now the new parents are just trying to take it all in.
"It's everything at once. I think you can get lost just staring in their faces, then it's just in the moment, but it's overwhelming to think about everything to come," she said.
Experts say the odds of producing identical triplets without fertility drugs range between 1-in-1-million to 1-in-100-million.
Abby weighed 3 pounds, 2 ounces; Brin 3 pounds, 11 ounces; and Laurel 4 pounds.
The Hepners' say their new daughters are enough for them right now. They don't plan on any more kids in the future.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
pregnancy, california news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF 25 min ago
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect 26 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault 10 min ago
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos