AMBER Alert suspect may be heading to Mexico
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Freeway signs are lit up, displaying an AMBER Alert for a girl kidnapped in Kennewick, Washington that may be passing through California.
Police say 14-year-old Elizabeth Romero was taken by her boyfriend, 19-year-old Eduardo Fabian Flores-Rosales, at about 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
Surveillance video from her high school shows Romero getting into her boyfriend's car. The CHP says he was last seen driving a 2001 to 2003 hunter green Ford Escape with temporary Washington registration. The vehicle is believed to have a roof rack and custom wheels.
Romero is described as a Hispanic girl standing 5 feet 3 inches tall, weighing 130 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing white tank top, dark pants and was carrying a backpack and a pink purse, the CHP said.
Flores-Rosales is described as a Hispanic man standing 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 200 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.
The CHP says they may pass through California and the Bay Area while en route to Mexico.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Kennewick Police Department at (509) 628-0333.
(Bay City News contributed to this report)
amber alert, mexico, california news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos