Northern Calif. priest found dead inside church
EUREKA, Calif. (KGO) -- Church staff found a Northern California priest dead inside the church rectory and police have launched a murder investigation.
Rev. Eric Freed was a popular priest who also taught religious studies at Humboldt State University.
Freed's body was found on Wednesday inside St. Bernards Catholic Church in Eureka after he failed to show up for morning mass. Investigators say the killing occurred sometime after parishioners left evening services Tuesday.
The Eureka Police Department is seeking the public's assistance in locating a vehicle associated with the homicide. It is a dark grey Nissan Altima Hybrid, bearing California license plate number: 6NDW400.
The Eureka Police Department requests that if the public has information regarding the vehicle's whereabouts or if the vehicle is located, do not approach the vehicle, and contact the Eureka Police Department Communications Center at 707-441-4044.
northern california, murder, crime, california news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall 22 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 44 min ago
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos