Funeral services set for two CHP officers killed in crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KGO) -- Funeral services will be held Monday for two California Highway Patrol officers killed in a crash near Fresno.
Officers Juan Gonzalez and Brian Law will be honored at a ceremony at the Save Mart Center in Fresno.
Gov. Jerry Brown is expected to attend.
Both officers worked for Bay Area CHP offices before transferring.
They were responding to an accident in southern Fresno County when they veered off the road. Their car flipped over, killing both officers.
CHP officials say it appears the officers swerved to avoid a pedestrian involved in the initial crash.
The incident is under investigation.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
CHP, central valley, fresno, crash, california news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest 14 min ago
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum 8 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos