Windows 7 link to battery drain under investigation
REDMOND, WA (KGO) -- Microsoft is reportedly investigating a possible link between Windows 7 and dramatically-reduced battery life on laptops.
There are reports popping up on the Internet that the new software drains batteries to almost nothing in a hurry.
Some Windows 7 users say their computers can only last 15 to 30 minutes before they need to be plugged in.
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park
- Woman Canadian goalie debuts in men's league
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Two killed by suspected DUI driver in in Santa Rosa
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos