Windows 7 link to battery drain under investigation
REDMOND, WA (KGO) -- Microsoft is reportedly investigating a possible link between Windows 7 and dramatically-reduced battery life on laptops.
There are reports popping up on the Internet that the new software drains batteries to almost nothing in a hurry.
Some Windows 7 users say their computers can only last 15 to 30 minutes before they need to be plugged in.
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 37 min ago
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday