Apple sells 10 billionth song on iTunes
NEW YORK (KGO) -- Apple's iTunes has sold its 10 billionth tune.
Apple said Thursday that its online music store crossed the threshold Wednesday when 71-year-old Louie Sulcer of Woodstock, Ga., bought "Guess Things Happen That Way" by Johnny Cash.
iTunes had promoted the 10 billion mark and celebrated the milestone by giving Sulcer a $10,000 iTunes gift card.
Introduced in 2003, iTunes became the top overall music retailer in the U.S. in 2008.
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault 9 min ago
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday