SF goes for iPhone, NY prefers Blackberry
SUNNYVALE, CA (KGO) -- A new survey is revealing the big differences between the Bay Area and New York when it comes to the electronic gadgets people use.
The "gadget census" by Sunnyvale's Retrevo Inc. found that in the Bay Area, the iPhone is king, but in New York, it's the BlackBerry.
New York has 56 percent more BlackBerries per capita than the Bay Area, 30 percent more iPads and 34-percent more e-readers.
On the other hand, the Bay Area had 23 percent more iPhones than New York, 94 percent more Mac OS users and 12 percent more people watching TV online.
The survey also found that the Los Angeles area, home to Hollywood, had the highest concentration of Blu-ray players.
blackberry, iphone, apple, rim, technology
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Windy conditions cause damage around Bay Area
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe 9 min ago
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday