Yahoo calls layoff rumors "inaccurate"
SUNNYVALE, Calif. (KGO) -- Yahoo is calling media reports that it plans to lay off 20 percent of its workforce "misleading and inaccurate," yet the Sunnyvale-based company stopped short of denying it is planning any layoffs.
In a statement, Yahoo says the company is always evaluating expenses to align with its financial goals. Yahoo reported lackluster third-quarter earnings last month.
There have been reports that AOL and some private equity firms have been eyeing it as a takeover target.
yahoo, layoff, jobs, sunnyvale, silicon valley, technology
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight 25 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond 23 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 5 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
22 min ago