Yahoo calls layoff rumors "inaccurate"
SUNNYVALE, Calif. (KGO) -- Yahoo is calling media reports that it plans to lay off 20 percent of its workforce "misleading and inaccurate," yet the Sunnyvale-based company stopped short of denying it is planning any layoffs.
In a statement, Yahoo says the company is always evaluating expenses to align with its financial goals. Yahoo reported lackluster third-quarter earnings last month.
There have been reports that AOL and some private equity firms have been eyeing it as a takeover target.
yahoo, layoff, jobs, sunnyvale, silicon valley, technology
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland 16 min ago
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday