Facebook surpasses Yahoo as 3rd largest website
It appears Facebook has hit a new milestone.
New numbers show the Palo Alto based social networking giant is now the third largest website in the world -- replacing fellow Bay Area company Yahoo.
Facebook had nearly 650 million unique visitors last month -- that's about 20 million more than Yahoo.
Google and Microsoft still hold the top two spots.
facebook, yahoo, technology
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist 9 min ago
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos