Facebook surpasses Yahoo as 3rd largest website
It appears Facebook has hit a new milestone.
New numbers show the Palo Alto based social networking giant is now the third largest website in the world -- replacing fellow Bay Area company Yahoo.
Facebook had nearly 650 million unique visitors last month -- that's about 20 million more than Yahoo.
Google and Microsoft still hold the top two spots.
facebook, yahoo, technology
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 5 min ago
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday