Twitter takes top award at Crunchies
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- On Friday night, the Crunchies were held in San Francisco. This award show recognizes those companies who have the most popular applications, social and mobile apps, and tech products.
Twitter beat out Groupon for the Best Overall Startup or Product of 2010 award.
The music site Pandora won the Best Internet Application award, Apple's iPad won for Best New Device, and SolarCity won for Best Clean Tech.
Mark Pincus won Founder of the Year for his San Francisco-based company Zynga, which makes popular social games like Farmville and Mafia Wars.
Facebook's CEO Mark Zuckerberg was beat out by Groupon's Andrew Mason for the CEO of the Year award.
mark zuckerberg, facebook, twitter, iphone, iPad, technology
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech 51 min ago
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Bicyclist fatally struck by vehicle in Inner Mission 7 min ago
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo 15 min ago
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos