New scams float around Facebook
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- There are several new scams floating around the social network website Facebook.
The first scam is disguised as a video entitled "Casey Anthony Confessing to Her Attorney."
The second offers a link to download an app for Facebook's new Skype video chat, but Facebook users don't need an app in order to use Facebook's video chat option.
Officials say malware attacks like these frequently use current events as bait.
Last week, Facebook announced a partnership with Skype and there has been significant outrage over Anthony's acquittal in the death of her two-year-old daughter.
facebook, scam, social media, computers, crime, technology
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Richmond postpones suing Chevron over refinery fire
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos