AT&T and HTC to launch "Facebook Phone"
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- AT&T is rolling out a new phone targeted at Facebook users.
Casually called the "Facebook Phone," the HTC Status Smartphone is now available for pre-order through AT&T's website.
The phone will feature a dedicated Facebook button, making it easier for Facebook users to update their status, upload photos and chat with friends. The phone will also integrate Facebook status messages of the user's friends with their contact information.
The phone runs on the Android operating software, which is published by Google.
AT&T says the phone will be available "soon" and is offering the device for $49 with a two-year agreement and a smartphone data plan starting at $15.
Aside from being targeted at Facebook users, the phone has no known direct ties to the Palo Alto-based company, which has long denied any interest in manufacturing a mobile device.
AT&T, palo alto, facebook, technology
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault 23 min ago
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS 15 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills...
15 min ago