Zuckerberg wishes Facebook stayed in Boston
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Can you imagine Facebook not being based in Palo Alto? Founder Mark Zuckerberg can.
Zuckerberg told a Stanford event if he was starting Facebook today, he'd stay in Boston.
Instead, history being what it was, Zuckerberg dropped out of Harvard, where the Facebook idea originated, and moved out to Silicon Valley.
Zuckerberg says the valley has a short-term mentality, but he acknowledges his social networking site wouldn't be where it is today -- with nearly a billion users worldwide -- without having Silicon Valley expertise and capital.
facebook, mark zuckerberg, palo alto, silicon valley, technology
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos