Zuckerberg wishes Facebook stayed in Boston
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Can you imagine Facebook not being based in Palo Alto? Founder Mark Zuckerberg can.
Zuckerberg told a Stanford event if he was starting Facebook today, he'd stay in Boston.
Instead, history being what it was, Zuckerberg dropped out of Harvard, where the Facebook idea originated, and moved out to Silicon Valley.
Zuckerberg says the valley has a short-term mentality, but he acknowledges his social networking site wouldn't be where it is today -- with nearly a billion users worldwide -- without having Silicon Valley expertise and capital.
facebook, mark zuckerberg, palo alto, silicon valley, technology
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Sex trafficking case investigated in Berkeley
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos