iPod Nano recall over battery issue
CUPERTINO, Calif. (KGO) -- Apple is issuing yet another recall over a battery issue. If you own a first generation iPod Nano, you can get a new one for free.
Apple's website states, in rare cases, the battery in the device may overheat and pose a safety risk. Those Nanos were sold between Sep. 2005 and Dec. 2006.
The Cupertino company says it has traced the problem to a single battery supplier and that the problem worsens as the battery ages.
To find out if your Nano is part of the recall, click here.
iPod, apple, technology
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos