Forbes: Top dangerous cities lack Apple stores
Are Apple stores a key to fighting crime in dangerous cities?
An interesting article in Forbes magazine found that out of the 10 cities with the highest crime in the United States, eight do not have an Apple store.
Stockton is one of those without one, and city leaders are outraged at the connection.
However, economists say Apple stores generate jobs and sales tax revenue for cities, so not having one adds to the crime problem.
The nearest Apple store for Stockton residents is in Modesto.
apple, crime, technology
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Muni driver honored for actions after shooting
- City says 'parklet' in Haight-Ashbury must go
- Man arrested after fatal crash in San Jose
- 2 wildfires burning in Central Sierra foothills
- Charges filed against man in naked BART attack
- Caltrain reopens after police talk man off ledge
- Bicyclist struck, killed by hit-and-run driver
- Patient attacks nurse at Napa State Hospital
- SF taxi driver chokes, robs passenger over tip
- Flooding renews call for new Oakland A's stadium
- abcnews: Putin accused of stealing Super Bowl ring
- roundup: Burglaries in Livermore; Cabbie robs fare
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Oakland kicks off summer food program for...
34 min ago