Google releases list of 2011 hot searches
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Search engine giant Google is out with its top 10 list of topics that piqued America's interest in 2011.
Each year the Mountain View-based company designed the Zeitgeist list, offering a revealing look into to the people, places and things that sent America searching for answers over the last 12 months.
"Rebecca Black" tops the list, followed by the social network "Google Plus," Hurricane Irene, Pinterest and reality show star Ryan Dunn.
To see the full Google Zeitgeist list, click here.
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood 45 min ago
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday