Google releases list of 2011 hot searches
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Search engine giant Google is out with its top 10 list of topics that piqued America's interest in 2011.
Each year the Mountain View-based company designed the Zeitgeist list, offering a revealing look into to the people, places and things that sent America searching for answers over the last 12 months.
"Rebecca Black" tops the list, followed by the social network "Google Plus," Hurricane Irene, Pinterest and reality show star Ryan Dunn.
To see the full Google Zeitgeist list, click here.
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway 22 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos