Survey: 6 million phones activated over Christmas
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Many people received new cell phones as holiday gifts as new phone activation shattered the old record.
The mobile research group Flurry estimates 6.8 million Android and Apple iPhones were activated on Christmas Day, about four million more than were activated on the same day in 2010.
Google claims 3.7 million phones were activated on Dec. 24 and 25.
Consumers activated 3.8 million iPhone, iPod and iPads on Christmas Day alone.
Apple expected to have one billion app downloads between Christmas and New Year's Day.
iPad, iPod, iphone, android, christmas, technology
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 25 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Tips for spotting counterfeit bills
16 min ago