1.2 billion apps downloaded worldwide last week
It was a record setting holiday season for downloading apps.
A new report says a record-breaking 1.2 billion apps were downloaded worldwide last week, 60 percent more than normal.
Americans downloaded 509 million apps, almost half the worldwide total.
The Chinese downloaded the second most, with 99 million apps, with the United Kingdom coming in third with 81 million downloads.
Experts say gift cards to app stores and new devices under the tree probably contributed to the total.
apps, smartphones, tablets, technology
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos