Launch of Apple's iPhone 4S turns into chaos in China
BEIJING, China (KGO) -- The launch of Apple's iPhone 4S turned into chaos in China.
An angry crowd shouted and threw eggs at the Beijing store when it didn't open for the overseas release of the new iPhone.
Thousands of people waited overnight for hours in the freezing cold only to be told the store would not open due to safety concerns.
Witnesses say many of the people were placeholders who were paid $15 U.S. dollars to wait in line overnight for scalpers.
apple, iphone, china, technology
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake 44 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco 28 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency 9 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security 49 min ago
- Police arrest man, 3 teens for attempted home burglary 32 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos