Apple expected to unveil new iPad
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Wednesday, Apple is expected to unveil its latest iPad, and even though the details are still being kept secret a lot of people are already thinking about an upgrade.
Apple is expected to unveil the new iPad in San Francisco and speculation about the new device, rumored to have better cameras, an HD display and possibly 4G wireless, is running wild.
A survey of iPad owners shows about half of them are already planning to upgrade to Apple's newest tablet even though they've never laid eyes on one.
"Surprisingly enough if you owned a tablet previously, you're much more likely to buy the iPad 3 than if you didn't own a tablet," TechBargains.com President Yung Trang said.
TechBargains.com found 53 percent of iPad 2 owners surveyed plan to upgrade, many by selling their old tablets online.
EBay and Craigslist are flooded with iPads, and not at bargain prices.
Unlike some other gadgets, Trang says Apple products hold their value, which is why users can afford to sell them and upgrade every year.
"To retain value of over 70 percent for an electronic item is abs unbelievable," Trang said.
apple, iPad, technology, jonathan bloom
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos