Apple expected to unveil new iPad
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Wednesday, Apple is expected to unveil its latest iPad, and even though the details are still being kept secret a lot of people are already thinking about an upgrade.
Apple is expected to unveil the new iPad in San Francisco and speculation about the new device, rumored to have better cameras, an HD display and possibly 4G wireless, is running wild.
A survey of iPad owners shows about half of them are already planning to upgrade to Apple's newest tablet even though they've never laid eyes on one.
"Surprisingly enough if you owned a tablet previously, you're much more likely to buy the iPad 3 than if you didn't own a tablet," TechBargains.com President Yung Trang said.
TechBargains.com found 53 percent of iPad 2 owners surveyed plan to upgrade, many by selling their old tablets online.
EBay and Craigslist are flooded with iPads, and not at bargain prices.
Unlike some other gadgets, Trang says Apple products hold their value, which is why users can afford to sell them and upgrade every year.
"To retain value of over 70 percent for an electronic item is abs unbelievable," Trang said.
apple, iPad, technology, jonathan bloom
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms 9 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park
- Medical association recognizes obesity as a disease
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co.
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- 49ers sign DE Justin Smith to 2-year extension 43 min ago
- Miami Heat force Game 7 in NBA Finals
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday