Is the new iPad too hot to handle?
At three million units already sold, Apple's new iPad is hot. But is the new tablet bringing the heat in another way?
Some Apple consumers say the new iPad runs hot, so Consumer Reports decided to test it. They used thermal imaging to see how hot the new iPad got while running video games. It was 12 degrees hotter than the iPad 2.
Yesterday, Dutch website Tweaker.net reported the new iPad ran about 10 degrees hotter than the iPad 2. Today, Apple responded by saying the new iPad "delivers a stunning...display...plus 10 hours of battery life, all while operating well within our thermal specifications."
Consumer Reports said the extra heat does not pose a serious concern.
apple, iPad, consumer reports, technology
- Wounded police officer back in surgery 8 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery 47 min ago
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire 9 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at...
47 min ago