Is the new iPad too hot to handle?
At three million units already sold, Apple's new iPad is hot. But is the new tablet bringing the heat in another way?
Some Apple consumers say the new iPad runs hot, so Consumer Reports decided to test it. They used thermal imaging to see how hot the new iPad got while running video games. It was 12 degrees hotter than the iPad 2.
Yesterday, Dutch website Tweaker.net reported the new iPad ran about 10 degrees hotter than the iPad 2. Today, Apple responded by saying the new iPad "delivers a stunning...display...plus 10 hours of battery life, all while operating well within our thermal specifications."
Consumer Reports said the extra heat does not pose a serious concern.
apple, iPad, consumer reports, technology
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support 3 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin 50 min ago
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 43 min ago
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on...
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos