Airport hologram is a big hit in Virginia
VIRGINIA (KGO) -- New technology designed to help passengers navigate through Virginia's Washington Dulles International Airport is becoming all the rage.
It says, "Hello and welcome to Washington Dulles International Airport."
It's "Paige," a life-size hologram with a friendly smile. She dishes out airport and flight information passengers may need coming off international flights and she's catching lots of curious stares because she looks so real.
The downside for some passengers is that Paige can't respond to them, meaning she's not able to answer questions, but she's been a big hit so far. Airport officials say they may install more holograms like her at the airport.
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 31 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
33 min ago