ABC7, Katie Couric go inside Twitter's new HQ
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- ABC7 News got an exclusive look inside Twitter's new San Francisco headquarters Thursday. It was the first time television cameras have been inside the social media company's offices. It was also an opportunity for ABC's Katie Couric to talk about her upcoming talk show "Katie."
The social media giant took over multiple floors of the former Furniture Mart on Market Street between 9th and 10th streets after San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee brokered a deal to keep the company in the city. It's part of the mayor's plan to revitalize Market Street.
Couric has embraced Twitter and talked to the company about how she plans on using Twitter on her upcoming day time talk show "Katie." It premiers on Sept.10 on ABC7.
katie couric, talk show, television, ABC, twitter, technology, carolyn johnson
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather 39 min ago
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested 43 min ago
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Bay Area family competing in national Christmas light competition
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup 26 min ago
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing... 14 min ago
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 1 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
1 min ago