ABC7, Katie Couric go inside Twitter's new HQ
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- ABC7 News got an exclusive look inside Twitter's new San Francisco headquarters Thursday. It was the first time television cameras have been inside the social media company's offices. It was also an opportunity for ABC's Katie Couric to talk about her upcoming talk show "Katie."
The social media giant took over multiple floors of the former Furniture Mart on Market Street between 9th and 10th streets after San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee brokered a deal to keep the company in the city. It's part of the mayor's plan to revitalize Market Street.
Couric has embraced Twitter and talked to the company about how she plans on using Twitter on her upcoming day time talk show "Katie." It premiers on Sept.10 on ABC7.
katie couric, talk show, television, ABC, twitter, technology, carolyn johnson
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman 2 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...