ABC7, Katie Couric go inside Twitter's new HQ
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- ABC7 News got an exclusive look inside Twitter's new San Francisco headquarters Thursday. It was the first time television cameras have been inside the social media company's offices. It was also an opportunity for ABC's Katie Couric to talk about her upcoming talk show "Katie."
The social media giant took over multiple floors of the former Furniture Mart on Market Street between 9th and 10th streets after San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee brokered a deal to keep the company in the city. It's part of the mayor's plan to revitalize Market Street.
Couric has embraced Twitter and talked to the company about how she plans on using Twitter on her upcoming day time talk show "Katie." It premiers on Sept.10 on ABC7.
katie couric, talk show, television, ABC, twitter, technology, carolyn johnson
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' 9 min ago
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta 44 min ago
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case 23 min ago
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Drought prompts officials to release water...
44 min ago