ABC7, Katie Couric go inside Twitter's new HQ
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- ABC7 News got an exclusive look inside Twitter's new San Francisco headquarters Thursday. It was the first time television cameras have been inside the social media company's offices. It was also an opportunity for ABC's Katie Couric to talk about her upcoming talk show "Katie."
The social media giant took over multiple floors of the former Furniture Mart on Market Street between 9th and 10th streets after San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee brokered a deal to keep the company in the city. It's part of the mayor's plan to revitalize Market Street.
Couric has embraced Twitter and talked to the company about how she plans on using Twitter on her upcoming day time talk show "Katie." It premiers on Sept.10 on ABC7.
katie couric, talk show, television, ABC, twitter, technology, carolyn johnson
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Emergency officials monitor Wichita-area tornado
- Fremont roadway closed after car strikes utility pole 33 min ago
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals 9 min ago
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home 47 min ago
- Spurs rout Grizzlies 105-83 in West finals opener
- Warriors PG Stephen Curry set to receive key to city
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife 10 min ago
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos