Boston Dynamics robot runs faster than Usain Bolt
The world's fastest man, Usain Bolt, might want to look over his shoulder. Cheetah robot is gaining.
The Cheetah, developed by Boston Dynamics, hit 28.3 miles per hour, a smidge better than Bolt's time in a 20-meter split.
The version of Cheetah seen in a YouTube video that has now gone viral runs on a treadmill with offboard power.
Testing will begin early next year on an outdoor, untethered Cheetah robot.
robots, youtube, viral video, technology
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday