Apple in talks to create virtual radio service
CUPERTINO (KGO) -- Apple is in negotiations to create its own virtual radio service. The Cupertino-based company is in talks to license music for the custom radio app, which would extend its dominance in the online music arena.
The move would put Apple in direct competition with Pandora, which is ironically offered as an Apple app.
The new service would work across all of the company's platforms including iPad, iPhone and Mac, but not Android.
apple, pandora, cupertino, apps, music, technology
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos