Apple in talks to create virtual radio service
CUPERTINO (KGO) -- Apple is in negotiations to create its own virtual radio service. The Cupertino-based company is in talks to license music for the custom radio app, which would extend its dominance in the online music arena.
The move would put Apple in direct competition with Pandora, which is ironically offered as an Apple app.
The new service would work across all of the company's platforms including iPad, iPhone and Mac, but not Android.
apple, pandora, cupertino, apps, music, technology
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Market streets in SF 35 min ago
- Search for missing jetliner now includes 25 countries
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine
- Officials investigate cause of house fire
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches 15 min ago
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos