Apple in talks to create virtual radio service
CUPERTINO (KGO) -- Apple is in negotiations to create its own virtual radio service. The Cupertino-based company is in talks to license music for the custom radio app, which would extend its dominance in the online music arena.
The move would put Apple in direct competition with Pandora, which is ironically offered as an Apple app.
The new service would work across all of the company's platforms including iPad, iPhone and Mac, but not Android.
apple, pandora, cupertino, apps, music, technology
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Wand used to heat wrinkles away 3 min ago
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday