Biz Stone looks to tweets for movie inspiration
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Twitter's co-founder is trying to capture inspiration and tweet it. Biz Stone launched a new promotional campaign Monday encouraging people to send him photos which he'll then use to direct a short film with the help of Ron Howard.
If art is in the eye of the beholder, then maybe the same holds true for inspiration. One needn't have looked further for an example of that than Justin Herman Plaza in San Francisco Monday. The man sitting in a booth, tweeting away was none other than Twitter co-founder Biz Stone.
"It's just such an awesome opportunity," Stone said.
He was tweeting with the purpose of inspiring other people to take photos that will, in turn, inspire him to make a movie.
"There is always something going on; your mind just wanders," Stone said. "Even if it's something as simple like a man walking through a city. Why is he walking through the city? Did he run out of gas?"
In another time and place, they might call this street theater. Nowadays, the words "tweet theater" seem more appropriate. As part of a promotion, camera-maker Canon has asked Stone and other celebrities to make and direct 10 short movies with the aid of Ron Howard. From the pictures tweeted to him, Stone is to choose an idea and act on it.
"I want to create something relevant, aspiration, meaningful, and hopefully something people can take away with them and feel good about," Stone said.
Spoken like a true director-to-be.
In 1902, Rodin gave us 'The Thinker,' in 2012, now we have 'The Tweeter.'
movies, twitter, technology, wayne freedman
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl 30 min ago
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas 24 min ago
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home 48 min ago
- Child injured in fall from second-story window in SF
- SF police ask for help in solving 2012 B2B homicide
- US gas prices up 11 cents over past 2 weeks 44 min ago
- Patrols increased after attempted armed robbery 59 min ago
- Hofstra graduates honor student killed by police 34 min ago
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire 2 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos