App lets you personalize videos as you record them
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- These days, there's an app for pretty much everything, from calling a cab to doing your taxes. But how about an app that's about nothing more than just being cute on video?
Jollyfy is a way to jazz up your videos without spending hours in a dark room. The app allows users to add themes to their videos as they record them.
It's "an app to make people smile, to make them happy," said Kris Ramanathan, CEO of netomat, the company that makes the app.
Jollyfy has all sorts of themes, including karaoke, holiday and sports-related themes. "And most importantly, you can make your own themes," Ramanathan said.
Other apps, like Apple's iMovie, have themes for videos, but the whole point of Jollyfy is that you apply the theme while you're shooting, instead of spending time messing around with the video afterwards.
The theme appears right in the viewfinder. "You don't have to do any post production," Ramanathan said. "You record the video, you share it, you're done."
Jollyfy lets you share straight to Facebook and is always adding new themes -- and right now, they're all free, just like the app itself.
You can build simple themes right on your phone or more elaborate ones on your desktop computer. For instance, one company created a theme for doctors to capture the moment when an ear surgery patient can hear again.
apps, social media, technology, jonathan bloom
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 24 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday